Volunteering - making a difference in people's lives
Whether you are just starting out in the workforce or transitioning to retirement, volunteering is a wonderful way to meet people, learn new skills and be appreciated for the unique gifts you bring to a caring role.
Suncare always require volunteer drivers to assist our customers to and from appointments.
Volunteering allows you to connect to your community - even helping with the smallest tasks can make a real difference to the lives of people in need.
We aim to make your volunteering experience fun and rewarding. You don’t need any formal qualifications; we will make every effort to match you to the right role and help you achieve your aspirations as a volunteer.
As a Suncare volunteer, you will work with compassionate, like-minded people who share your drive to help carers and their care recipients to feel empowered in their homes and neighbourhoods.
Share your availability and skills, and we will match you with a fun and fulfilling volunteer role.
Choose from a range of Suncare services:
- Suncare Community Transport - assist Suncare customers to their appointments and errands.
- Social Support - offer a helping hand with shopping, appointments and social opportunities for Suncare customers.
- Maroochydore Day Respite Centre - social activities where Suncare customers enjoy art, bingo, bowls and more.
- Nandjimadji Art Group - assist Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander carers and their care recipients to express their creativity in a nurturing and respectful environment.
- Suncare Kitchen - assist with meal deliveries and offer diners some warm words from a friendly face.
Suncare Kitchen Volunteers.
Suncare volunteers assist with deliveries to ensure that the customer is receiving a healthy, nutritious meal in the comfort of their own home.
Whilst the warm words and meal delivery are important, this service provides much more to our customers, the visit can sometimes be their only daily interaction. The social contact and friendly words from one of our volunteers can brighten their day and gives the deliverer a chance to check the customer's general well-being and safety. Just knowing that someone will be round every day to say hello and bring a healthy meal is an invaluable service to our customers.
Suncare provides training and orientation for volunteers, following a National Police Check, Yellow Card and Restricted Driver Authorisation checks.
For more information about volunteering, please call Beverly Holowaty on 1800 786 227.
Volunteering may also appeal to job-seekers over 55 who, under social security legislation, may choose to satisfy their mutual obligation requirements by undertaking at least 30 hours per fortnight of approved voluntary work with a not-for-profit organisation.