Here to help
Whether you need support to connect with your local community and services, to build and grow your own support networks or to navigate through any obstacles you face, Suncare Support Coordination services are here to help. We will take the time to listen to you so we can fully understand your specific needs and the goals you want to achieve. We will be there to provide the personalised guidance and support you need.
Living your very best life
It is important for us to understand who you are and what is important to you. We want to work together to design a support plan that will assist you to live life your way.
- Suncare staff are suitably qualified with experience working not only with people with disability but the organisations who support them.
- The Suncare model of care means we work closely with you to ensure that we match the right support coordinator to your needs.
- Whether your goal is to look for work, become more active in the community or learn a range of new skills, Suncare will help support you to achieve these goals.
More choice and control
People with a disability and their families now have the opportunity to exercise more choice and control over their supports. From Suncare’s extensive experience in assisting people with complex needs, we have developed a comprehensive Support Coordination service that empowers people to exercise choice and genuine control when finding the supports and services they require to achieve their goals.
- Assistance to understand your NDIS plan and to understand what supports and services can be funded.
- Open, honest and reliable communication to help you achieve your goals
- Support to reduce the headaches that come with identifying, researching and engaging service providers.
- A working partnership based on trust and respect.
- A Support Coordinator that understands the NDIS and how it works, to tailor a plan that works best for you.
Liaising with the Public Guardian for decision-making
- Our current team of Support Coordinators have experience in liaising with Public Guardian on behalf of the client.
- Attending court hearings for the appointment of Public Guardian for clients.
- Providing information to clients on “what is a guardian.”
- Liaising with Mental Health Case Managers, and doctors in assisting the client in with the assessment process, when there is a need for a guardian.
Liaising with other stakeholders including accommodation services
- Arranging accommodation and supports for clients living in Supported Accommodation.
- Working with agencies to ensure a smooth transition to the NDIS.
Demonstrating objectivity in the selection of service providers
- Suncare will NOT be delivering core supports in NDIS. Our objective is to deliver Support Coordination as a service. This allows us to remain objective when it comes to selecting service providers that will suit the individual and their needs.
Working with people who experience communication barriers
- Communication techniques to ensure meaningful engagement, particularly when working with people who experience communication barriers such as those who use; LAN, hearing aids, communication books and various tablet communication apps.
- Experience working with clients who have had assistance dogs.
- Experience working in various ATODS programs.
Working with people who utilise assistive technology
- Cognitive aids including; computer or electrical assistive devices, that aid memory, attention, and or other challenges.
- Organising Occupational Therapy assessments, and liaising with occupational therapists and doctors.
- Hearing aids
- Organising physical modifications in the built environment, e.g. grab bars in bathrooms.
For more information on this service, please call our friendly Customer Service Team on 1800 786 227.
How to receive Support Coordination services through Suncare.
Talk to your NDIA Planner and discuss what level of Support Coordination you should include in your plan. Once Support Coordination has been included in your plan, you can contact Suncare directly or make a service request via the NDIS portal. When Suncare receives the service request, one of our team members will contact you to make arrangements for an initial meeting. Our Suncare team have a wealth of knowledge and experience to provide you with a quality NDIS experience.
Currently, Support Coordination is the only NDIS service that Suncare provides.