One of the most powerful ways to maintain independence and quality of life is to adopt wellness, reablement and restorative approaches to care.
Short Term Restorative Care is a program designed to help improve overall personal wellbeing and remain independent at home. The program aims to reduce and where possible reverse slow functional decline and give a greater quality of life.
Each package is designed specifically for and with the individual, allowing them to be in the driving seat and set goals on what they want to achieve. Together and under the guidance of the individual’s GP, we develop an eight-week plan to provide practical outcomes to improve health, wellbeing and ultimately a happier outlook on life.
To be eligible for Short Term Restorative Care programs, you must be eligible and meet the following requirement:
- Be referred to My Aged Care and be assessed by Aged Care Assessment Team. Click here for more information.
- Not have been hospitalised for the condition in the three months before the date of assessment.
- Not have received an active Home Care Package or Residential Aged Care service.
- Not receiving end of life care.
- Can have two episodes of Short Term Restorative Care within the 12-month period.
- Can be receiving Commonwealth Home Support Programme, Department of Veterans' Affairs or National Disability Insurance Services.
The program has a wide range of services available, so we can design the best possible package based on individual needs.
- Complete case management
- GP or geriatrician advice and medical care
- Occupational therapy
- Social work
- Exercise therapy
- Personal care and assistance
- Speech therapy
- Psychologist or counsellor support
- Brain training
- Continence management
- Home management and support services
- Aids and equipment, including mobility aids
- Other services as determined by your multi-disciplinary team.
The Australian government subsidies a range of aged care services to keep fees affordable. Any fees or fee arrangement will be discussed during the planning process and agreed to before the service begins. You do not need an income assessment to access the Short Term Restorative Care program.
For more information please call our customer service team on 1800 786 227.