The 2019-2020 financial budget has been released with the government announcing $21.6 billion in funding for our senior Australians. This is an increase of more than 50 per cent since 2013-2014. The government aims to provide the aged care sector with better access to care and safer quality care.
The Aged Care sector announcement will see:
- 10,000 home care packages, adding to the 30,000 home care packages that the government has delivered since 2017-2018.
- $5.9 billion over two years from 2020 to extend the Commonwealth Home Support Programme.
- $84 million for carer respite over the next four years to support the ‘Integrated Carer Support Service.’
- $185 million investment into research in ageing and dementia.
- $278 million investment into ‘Putting Veterans and their Families First’ program which continues from the last two budgets.
To find out more about how the 2019-2020 budget announcements click here.
Posted In Industry