Suncare Seniors Over 50s Team - QLD Government 2km Dash, part of the 7 Sunshine Coast Marathon and Community Running Festival.
To kick off National Seniors Week in August, Suncare is organising a team to join the 7 Sunshine Coast Marathon and Community Running Festival for a 2km walk along Alexandra Headlands.
Building on the success and feedback received from last year's event, we are expanding our team from 35 to 100 this year.
With support from the Sunshine Coast Council’s grant program, Atlas Multisports and Council of the Aged (COTA), we are excited to offer a much-reduced entry fee to our team.
Normal entry is between $20-30, but for our Suncare Seniors Over 50s Team, the entry fee will be just $10. Each participant will receive the following inclusions:
- Entry to the QLD Government 2km Dash valued at up to $30.
- Commemorative event t-shirt valued at $19.80.
- Transport to and from the event (from predesignated pick up point) valued at $10.
- A support team and tent for the event.
- Snack bag with water and energy bar $5.
- Voucher for Alex Surf Club (TBC) $10.
- Support to complete the event as and if required (to be assessed case by case).
Participants need to be over the age of 65 (50 for Indigenous entrants) as is the requirement for Aged Care funding.
Date: Sunday, 19 August 2018
Time: 10am arrival for 11am start
Where: Alex Surf Club, Alexandra Headlands
For more information or to enquire about an entry form via Suncare (to ensure you receive the subsidised entry fee and goodies) please call Rob Cross on 0468 560 563.
We look forward to a wonderful day of walking, talking and laughing.
Posted In Community