Suncare's Community Engagement Manager Rob Cross was at the Sunshine Plaza in Maroochydore today, spreading the word about the great work our volunteers do in the community. Rob and the team aim to encourage others to look further at the benefits of volunteering.
Volunteering, making a difference in people's lives
Volunteering is a wonderful way to meet people, learn new skills and be appreciated for the unique gifts you bring to a caring role. Suncare always requires volunteers for different roles including:
- Suncare community transport - drive customers to their appointments and errands.
- Social support - offer a helping hand with shopping, visiting friends and loved ones and social opportunities for customers.
- Maroochydore Day Respite Centre - social activities where Suncare customers enjoy art, bingo, bowls and more.
- Nandjimadji Art Group - assist Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander carers and their care recipients to express their creativity in a nurturing and respectful environment.
- Suncare Meals on Wheels - assist with kitchen duties or meal deliveries and offer customers some warm words from a friendly face.
Volunteering allows you to connect to your community - even helping with the smallest tasks can make a real difference to the lives of people in need. We aim to make your volunteering experience fun and rewarding. You don’t need any formal qualifications; we will make every effort to match you to the right role and help you achieve your aspirations as a volunteer. As a Suncare volunteer, you will work with compassionate, like-minded people who share your drive to help carers and their care recipients to feel empowered in their homes and neighbourhoods.
Rob and the team will be at the Sunshine Plaza from 9:00am - 3:00pm on Monday 10 Dec and Monday 17 Dec.
For more information about volunteering with Suncare please click here or call 1800 786 227 and ask for Beverly Holowaty.
Posted In Community