Yes, Suncare can be your service provider if you have been allocated a Home Care Package. We will work with you to identify a total package of care and services to meet your needs so you can continue to live a more active and independent life. If you are an existing customer of Suncare, you are familiar with of our level of commitment but may not be aware of the complete package of services we provide.
Home Care Packages are now delivered on a Consumer Directed Care (CDC) basis. This means you (and your carer) have more choice and control, not only over what services are delivered but where and when they are delivered.
For you, this means:
- you get more say in the care and services you access, how they are delivered and who delivers them to you
- you have conversations about your needs and goals
- you work with your service provider to develop your individual care plan
- you agree how much involvement you have in managing your care package
- you know how your package is funded and how your individual budget is spent through monthly income and expense statements
- your service provider will ensure that your package continues to meet your needs with ongoing monitoring and formal reviews.
The Australian Government provides a subsidy to an approved home care provider (such as Suncare Community Services) towards a package of care, services and case management to meet your individual needs.
Each level of home care packages provides a different subsidy amount. This amount is paid to your selected approved home care provider. The subsidy contributes to the total cost of your services and care delivery. It is expected that you will contribute to the cost of your care where your personal circumstances allow.
It is important to note that Suncare can be your service provider if that is something you choose.