Volunteering - making a difference in people's lives
Whether you are just starting out in the workforce or transitioning to retirement, volunteering is a wonderful way to meet people, learn new skills and be appreciated for the unique gifts you bring to a caring role.
Suncare always require volunteer drivers to assist our customers to and from appointments.
Volunteering allows you to connect to your community - even helping with the smallest tasks can make a real difference to the lives of people in the community.
At Suncare, we are a team who share the vision of making people's lives better. As a volunteer you will work with compassionate, like-minded people who share your drive to help carers and their care recipients to feel empowered in their homes and neighbourhoods.
Choose from a range of volunteering opportunities:
- Suncare Community Transport - assist customers to appointments.
- Community Visitors Scheme - visit someone at home for social interaction
- Social Support - assist with shopping, appointments and social opportunities.
- Maroochydore Day Respite Centre - assist with social activities such as group morning teas, special events, bingo, bowls and more.
- Nandjimadji Art Group - assist Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander carers and their care recipients to express their creativity through art.
- Suncare Meals on Wheels - assist in the kitchen or with meal deliveries.
Suncare Meals on Wheels volunteers.
Suncare volunteers assist with deliveries of healthy, nutritious meals in the comfort of their own home.
Whilst the warm words and meal delivery are important, this service provides much more to our customers, the visit can sometimes be their only daily interaction. The social contact and friendly words from one of our volunteers can brighten a person's day and gives the deliverer a chance to check the customer's general well-being and safety. Just knowing that a Suncare volunteer will be round every day to say hello and bring a healthy meal is an invaluable service to offer the community.
Once the paperwork is complete, Suncare will provide training and orientation, offering all the support you need.
For more information about volunteering, please call Debbie Orman on 1800 786 227.
Volunteering may also appeal to job-seekers over 55 who, under social security legislation, may choose to satisfy their mutual obligation requirements by undertaking at least 30 hours per fortnight of approved voluntary work with a not-for-profit organisation.