When making decisions about your in-home care, you need to consider all options that are right for you.
Choosing Suncare will give you the assurance that you are being cared for by a dependable organisation. We pride ourselves on the reputation which has been built over 50 years, providing confidence that you can count on us for all your home services.
Suncare’s core business is to understand community needs and develop innovative responses for people who are ageing, living with a disability or mental illness. Technology is integral in enabling us to respond more effectively to client needs and further cementing our position as a provider of choice in Queensland.
As a values-based organisation, our programs and services are inspired by our vision, purpose and values:
Our vision is "Making People's Lives Better."
Our purpose is to provide innovative personalised solutions to support people to live their life, their way.
Our values will create a strong organisational foundation which influences our aspirational behaviours.
Innovative | Inclusive | Agile | Respectful | Authentic | Collaborative | Empathy
Our aspirational behaviours shape our decision making and guide our strategic thinking
- Obsession with customer experience.
- Fostering and agile and enabling culture.
- Fully embracing the digital experience.
- The continuous evolution of core strengths.
- Thinking strategically and planning to succeed.
- Finding innovative ways to do business.
In-home community care throughout Queensland
Suncare’s home care services are available throughout Southeast and Central Queensland, we service Gold Coast, North Lakes, Sunshine Coast, Gympie, Hervey Bay, Bundaberg and Rockhampton regions.
Our staff connect to communities from the regions all around these areas to ensure the best care is easily accessible.
Cultural Inclusion and Diversity Policy
Suncare strives to ensure equitable access to the diversity of people who require services and to help them achieve maximum independence and quality of life.
Our Cultural Inclusion and Diversity policy outlines that people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, and people who identify with a particular disability, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, language, and/or age are welcome at Suncare.
This policy underpins all Suncare policies, services and activities, processes and internal culture.
- Suncare recognises and respects the cultural preferences and needs of all its clients, staff, visitors and volunteers and will not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
- Suncare will ensure all clients, staff, visitors and volunteers feel safe and free from physical, sexual, emotional and/or verbal abuse.
- Suncare will offer equity of access to people of all cultures requiring assessment, Allied Health and Nursing, Respite Care and Community Care service.
- Suncare acknowledges the disadvantage faced by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and is committed to the implementation of its Reconciliation Action Plan.
Our commitment to continual improvement drives us to achieve and maintain accreditations that meet industry management systems and surpass service delivery standards. Suncare is accredited by the Institute for Healthy Communities Australia (IHCA) for the following quality standards:
- The Human Services Quality Framework
- AS/NZS ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management Systems) Standards
Additionally, Suncare routinely participates in the Department of Social Services Quality Review Program which assesses our services in accordance with the requirements of the Home Care Standards.