Volunteer with us
Volunteer Drivers Wanted
Do you know anyone who might have a few hours to spare and enjoys driving?
We urgently require volunteer drivers to assist customers to and from appointments. Whether retired or claiming Centrelink (volunteering may be classified as work for Centrelink payment purposes).
Suncare provide the vehicle, all that we require is:
• A safe and responsible driver with an Open Qld Licence
• A genuine passion to help people
• Good Communicator – friendly & chatty
If you know of anyone please ask them to call or email Suncare Community Services Ltd on the following number
1800 SUNCARE (1800 786 227)
Volunteering allows you to connect to your community - even helping with the smallest tasks can make a real difference to the lives of people in need.
We aim to make your volunteering experience fun and rewarding. You don’t need any formal qualifications; we will make every effort to match you to the right role and help you achieve your aspirations as a volunteer.
As a Suncare volunteer you will work with compassionate, like-minded people who share your drive to help carers and their care recipients to feel empowered in their homes and neighbourhoods.
Whether you are just starting out in the workforce or transitioning to retirement, volunteering is a wonderful way to meet people, learn new skills and be appreciated for the unique gifts you bring to a caring role.
Choose from a range of Suncare services:
- Suncare Community Transport - assist Suncare clients with appointments and errands.
- Social support - offer a helping hand with shopping, appointments and social opportunities for Suncare clients.
- Maroochydore Day Respite Centre - social activities where Suncare clients enjoy art, bingo, bowls and more.
- Nandjimadji Art Group - assist Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander carers and their care recipients to express their creativity in a nurturing and respectful environment.
- Greymates - share coffee and conversation with frail aged people who may feel isolated or lonely.
- Meals on Wheels - assist with meal deliveries and offer diners some warm words from a friendly face.
Suncare provides training and orientation for volunteers, following a National Police Check, Yellow Card and Restricted Driver Authorisation checks.
For more information phone Kevin Russell on 1800 786 227 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meals on Wheels
Why this not-for-profit service is more than just a meal.
Meals on Wheels volunteers assist with deliveries to ensure that the client is receiving a healthy, nutritious meal in the comfort of their own home.
Whilst the warm words and meal delivery are important, this service provides much more to our clients, the visit can sometimes be their only daily interaction.
The social contact and friendly words from one of our volunteers can brighten their day and gives the deliverer a chance to check the client’s general well-being and safety.
Just knowing that someone will be round every day to say hello and bring a healthy meal, is an invaluable service to our clients.
If you would like to know more about Meals on Wheels, please call 1800 786 227